Eau Claire Wisconsin Original Medicare Insurance Resources
Whether you're almost or already 65, Future Financial Resource Group can assist you identify which Medicare options are right for you.
If you are new to Medicare and are exploring your Medicare options:
When to Sign Up for Original Medicare
- If you aren't eligible for full Social Security benefits at age 65, and you aren't getting Social Security benefits, you must contact Social Security to sign up for Parts A and B. There is a 7 month Initial Enrollment Period that begins 3 months before your 65th birthday, the month of your birth, and the 3 months after your birth month. You won't get Medicare information sent to you automatically.
- If you are eligible for full social security benefits at age 65, you can sign up for Part B anytime during your 7 month Initial Enrollment Period that begins 3 months before your 65th birthday, the month of your birth, and the 3 months after your birth month.
- In most cases, if you are already getting benefits from Social Security or The Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), you will automatically get Part A and Part B. Benefits start the first day of the month you turn 65 (or the first day of the prior month if your birthday is on the first day of the month).
- Unless you are still working, if you do not sign up for Part B in your Initial Enrollment Period (when you turn 65 or lose group coverage), you may only be able to sign up during the General Enrollment Period. This runs from January 1 to March 31 each year, and benefits would start on July 1 of the year you sign up. You may have a 10% annual penalty if you do not sign up for Part B in your Initial Enrollment Period. This will last as long as you have Part B.
Original Medicare if Currently Employed
If you are still working, you may be covered by a group health plan based on employment.
Check with your benefits administrator for the best time to sign up for Part B.
In many cases, you can delay signing up for Part B during your Initial Enrollment Period and enroll later during a Special Enrollment Period.
You may sign up for Part B any time while you are covered by a group health plan based on current employment or during the 8 month period following the last month of employment or coverage by the health plan, which ever comes first.
You may want to sign up for Part A when you turn 65, but wait to sign up for Part B since you will have to pay the Part B premium.
Where and How to Sign Up for Original Medicare
Eau Claire seniors have four ways to apply for Medicare Parts A and B:
- Visit online at socialsecurity.gov
- Visit your local Social Security Office
- Call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)
- Call the RRB at 1-877-772-5772 if you worked for a railroad
The 3 Social Security offices closest to Eau Claire, Wisconsin are:
|4120 Oakwood Hills Parkway
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|1703 W Knapp St
Rice Lake, WI 54868
|210 S 7th St
LaCrosse, WI 54601
Once you have signed up for Parts A and B, the next step is to consider additional Medicare Insurance.
Here are some options:
If you're already enrolled in Parts A and B, consider your options for additional Medicare insurance by clicking on the options to the right.
Medicare Advantage Insurance Plan Disclosures
Neither Future Financial Resource Group nor the Medicare Advantage insurance policies it sells are connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.
Plans may be available to persons eligible for Medicare by reason of disability.
All plans may not be available in your state/area.
Call to receive complete information including benefits, costs, eligibility, requirements, exclusions and limitations.
This is a solicitation of insurance. An agent my contact you.
Video(s) used with permission from United HealthCare Services, Inc.. Adapted from UnitedHealthcare’s award-winning Medicare Made Clear education series. All rights reserved. No portion of this work may be reproduced or used without express written permission of United HealthCare Services, Inc., regardless of commercial or non-commercial nature of the use.
Future Financial Resource Group is proud to offer Medicare insurance in these nearby communities:
Altoona Medicare InsuranceElk Mound Medicare InsuranceChippewa Falls Medicare InsuranceEagle Point Medicare InsuranceLafayette Medicare InsuranceLake Hallie Medicare InsuranceMondovi Medicare InsuranceColfax Medicare InsuranceBloomer Medicare InsuranceMenomonie Medicare Insurance
Eau Claire Medicare Supplement Plans
Eau Claire Medicare Advantage (Part C) Plans
Eau Claire Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) Plans
Eau Claire Funeral Trust Plans